Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Photos, photos, photos.



There is probably a caption to write here but I shall refrain (insert Southpark Face !)


Always the cricket, everywhere and anywhere, the kids will play cricket







Here are the cheeky monkeys, I have posted them before. Every time they see me now they yell out "cheeky monkeys" then ask for a biscuit or one pen ?  One chocolate ? Two rupees !











The candyfloss guy (how odd)



This is a typical sight at times, a leper rotting to pieces, 
puts whatever problems you think you have into perspective


Even with his eye rotting into his skull he manages a sort of a smile

(Sue just told me via skype as I am doing this very caption that there are some things better left off the blog, but hey, this is what I see everyday, this sort of thing)














My latest thing, trying to get some of these guys to smile or laugh or whatever









This is Suresh, a highly educated Sadhu who wanders the hill and streets. he teaches English as well. Always asks me for 100 rupees, clever guy.














What about this sadhu baba ?? What a character





This is the daughter


....this is her mother


...then the grandmother. Something happens along the way doesn't it ??



This one I call "zimmer frame baba", he hangs out near my hotel.





1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing your subjects aren't reading your blog, especially the three generations of women. I agree with Sue but understand why you want to post some of the more disturbing pictures--it's what you are seeing (and why I won't be going to Arunachala or anywhere in India).

    ReplyDelete